Choosing a carpet cleaner in Edmonton.
I’ve talked about this many times before but with the Christmas season coming up its time to remind our readers that picking the right professional Carpet Cleaner is important. For us the phones usually start to ring off the hook in December. People start getting ready for the holidays and suddenly those distant relatives take you up on the offer to visit during Christmas, or you realize that you’ve done everything for that big party this weekend but forgot to get the carpets cleaned. In a panic, with only a few days to go you need to find a professional carpet cleaner.
Some people start phoning one company after the next until they find someone who can get to their carpets in time for the big event, and they are so happy they forget to ask a few basic questions. While most of the carpet cleaners in Edmonton are professionals who will do a good job, there are those out there who will not, and even worse there are ones who for whatever reason just don’t show up. Even if you are in a time crunch, remember to ask questions. The wrong company will only make the problem worse instead of better.
To help you find a qualified, reliable service provider, we’ve outlined 15 key questions to ask (and get answered) before you hire a carpet cleaning company.
Qualifications & Experience
· How long have you been in business?
· Are your employees insured and/or bonded?
· Is your work guaranteed in writing?
· Can you provide references and contact information for recent satisfied customers?
Services & Pricing
· What is included in your typical cleaning package?
· Do you provide a firm written estimate?
· Does the stated price include everything or will there be additional fees?
· Does the stated price include pre-treatment for high traffic areas? Pet stains? Other stains and spills?
· Does the stated price include a final treatment to protect against stains and re-soiling?
· Do you move the furniture? Do you charge extra or is it included in the stated price?
· What type of cleaning method do you use?
· Is your equipment truck mounted or portable?
· Are your cleaning products approved by the CRI?
· Do you vacuum before you begin cleaning?
· How long will it take to complete the entire job?
· How long must we wait before we walk on the carpet and move furniture back into place?
If you or someone in your household has allergies or chemical sensitivities, ask specific questions about the chemical compounds and fragrances present in the cleaning solutions. You may think of additional questions or find you don’t need to ask all of them, but this list will get you started.
Thanks for listening.